Sunday, August 19, 2012

Burberry Rosewood eyeshadow +

I know many of you have been requesting Burberry posts...you'll be seeing more of them, I promise :) 

So back to Rosewood ...

Packaging: definitely hefty pewter colored packaging with the Burberry check pattern. I personally hate the pattern and the bulkiness of it. It's a magnetic clasp so the lid stays shut, plus it's not a fuss to open. It does come with an eyeshadow sponge applicator. My ideal packaging would be a bit slimmer, and instead of the sponge applicator, a small brush instead. Ok I can't win it all, but I do appreciate that they really care about solid packaging. I wish I could depot these eyeshadows since they take up a good amount of space. Has anyone tried depotting them? I'd like to know if it's possible.

Color/Formula: of course it's a pretty taupe. it's not the typical cool undertone silvery taupe. It's definitely a warmer in undertone. It's somewhere between a warm taupe and a warm brown. I don't consider it a warm brown, because in my mind a warm brown is a color like MAC cork and espresso. There's no sparkle, but there is a definite soft sheen. At times it has a soft pink cast under certain lighting. The formula is definitely creamy, buttery soft and just easily glides onto your skin. To those individuals who are just starting out with makeup and want a small set of amazing neturals to start, Burberry is a wonderful place to start. They seriously blow a lot of brands out of the water with beautiful colors and textures.

Price and Size: $29 for 2.5g. Sold at Nordstrom and Saks.


photos: 

Hourglass Suede, Becca Lame, Burberry Rosewood, Rouge Bunny Rouge A Major - fis Minor, LMdB Burlap Sorrel (Antique Poupee)

Rosewood

Hourglass Suede, Becca Lame, Burberry Rosewood, Rouge Bunny Rouge A Major - fis Minor, LMdB Burlap Sorrel (Antique Poupee) (flash)

Hourglass Suede, Becca Lame, Burberry Rosewood, Rouge Bunny Rouge A Major - fis Minor, LMdB Burlap Sorrel (Antique Poupee) (no flash)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely color but this post enabled me to cross a lemming off of my list. My wallet thanks you! This will be too warm for me so I will admire from a distance. Fantastic swatches as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've depotted 5 with great success. They don't use much glue, so most have been depotted without heat. I, too, love Burberry shadows! I do like the packaging, but wanted more freedom to mix and match colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you do it? One of my best friends tried and the eyeshadow shattered. Can you provide me a set of instructions...? Like step 1, step 2...?

      Delete
  3. Your post has me wanting Becca Lame. It looks gorgeous on your skin.

    ReplyDelete