Friday, May 27, 2011

By Terry Gloss Delectation #8: Pomegranate Flash



So there have been some questions in relation to By Terry lip glosses...and today I'll review Gloss Delectation #8. It has taken me a while to review this, and I really have mixed feelings about them. 

Packaging: it comes in a clear tube with a purple lid. The applicator isn't the standard doe foot, as you'll see in the pics below. I like the shape of the applicator because I can create a crisp line without using a separate brush.

Color and Fragrance: It's a vibrant coral in the tube. The color in the tube stood out to me because I love vibrant lip colors. It's a really pretty coral, with a bit of red in it. On some people I can see it showing up as a orange-red depending on the person. It's so lovely in the tube and when swatched. It's definitely has a STRONG fragrance and I mean STRONG, so be aware of that.

Texture and Formula: Here's my dilemma with this lip item. It took me a LONG time to figure out how to apply this properly. If I apply too much of this on, it will rub off on my upper lip in (the area in my cupids bow). Of course if I barely apply any on, the color isn't as vibrant. It took me several attempts to get the right amount of color on my lips for the effect that I want. It fades pretty well, and the lasting power is longer than average for a gloss. I want to say about over 3 hours and two sodas during that time, the color is vibrant, but not like the original application.The texture of this is so soft and plush, and the finish is a very high shine (no glitter). When you swatch it, you would think it's sticky because it's slightly thick and lush, but it's not sticky at all. It's a bit more red than seen in this photo, but the high shine effect is the same.The finish is amazing, I cannot stress how I love a high shine like advertisements <3

courtesy of Vibe magazine
Price and Size: $44.00 for 7 mL or 0.23 oz

Is it worth it?: I think some of the colors are worth having, but I am a bit peeved at how you have to learn how to apply it properly, especially the price you're paying for this gloss. It seriously was a learning curve for me, but I do like it a lot. It's worth it for me, but for those who can't be bothered in terms of taking your time in applying it, I would pass. But in the end, if you can master the application, it's easy after that and full of awesomeness.


Onto the photos:

indoor lighting with flash.

in natural sunlight, no flash

Applicator
Top (left): By Terry Gloss Delectation #8
Bottom (right): Dior Lip polish #3

you can see how warm the color is and how opaque the shade is.

2 comments:

  1. AH! This is gorgeous! Very very pretty! Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! This is an awesome color! Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete