Monday, March 28, 2011

Le Metier de Beaute peche creme lip creme +

So I have been trying to swatch and own more items that I normally wouldn't find myself wearing. As a result, I caved in and got Peche creme. I generally hate how I look in warm colors, even though I am warm myself. To this day I am still a bit uncomfortable wearing peachy colors. I can't explain it, it's just not what I am used to. You can see the other lip cremes that I own here.

Color and packaging: Peche creme is definitely a golden peach, leaning apricot. It has shimmer and the texture is somewhere between a lipgloss and a liquid lipstick. The color even though it's a golden peach, it shows up a bit lighter on me and I'm sure it's because of my pigmented lips. I've seen it look a bit darker/golden on other people. I don't like doing lip swatches because I know how it looks on me is different from how it looks on the next person. It's not a chalky color at all on me, so I am quite happy with how it looks. I'm just still trying to be more comfortable with peachy colors.

Texture: it's not as "runny" as Sweet Creme, so as I stated, it has a slight feel of a liquid lipstick. I like the texture a lot...I guess the closest texture that it can somewhat be compared to are Laura Mericer's Lip Velvets, except Le Metiers are a bit more creamy, slightly thicker formula and it has a gloss aspect to it (well, yea, since it's a mix of a gloss and lipstick, ha). It's really nice, not sticky at all. Peche creme doesn't settle into lines or anything of that nature. It stains nicely over time, with no funny gunk on your lips. This stuff is awesome if you ask me.

Be aware that it does have lanolin, which apparently causes allergic reactions for some people.(I had no idea about this until recently).


Ok onto the colors:

Left to right:

Le Metier de Beaute Peche Creme
GA lip shimmer #1
Chantecaille Charm























Left to right:


Le Metier de Beaute Peche Creme
GA lip shimmer #1
Chantecaille Charm


Is this worth having?: It's a shade that I can see it working on darker skintones, since it's pigmented enough to show up. The shimmer isn't over the top glitter city, either.

I think it's nice to have, especially with the summer coming up. :)

1 comment: