Thursday, September 23, 2010

NIA24 Skincare

So this is my review on my current skincare regime for the past 3 months or so.

I purchased this on the recommendation of my Space NK MA. At first I was skeptical because of its claims. What I can say as of recent is now that I'm working during the day, my skin has broken out in serious heat rashes. Working nights for 2 years and BAM! all of a sudden working during the day, my skin broke out like crazy, and my skin was itching.

I do have is redness, acne scarring and large pores (on the sides of my face and T-zone). I don't like my skin for the most part because I'm in my mid twenties and I get pimples. Granted it's not all over my face, but it's enough where it does bother me.

So a bit about NIA24: it's a skincare line that's sold usually in dermatologist's offices. The active ingredient is Niacin, specifically a patented Niacin molecule called Pro-Niacin(TM), that helps  build your skin barrier from the inside-out.

Ok so back to my review: I purchased all of these items listed with their respective ingredients:

Gentle Cleansing Cream: Water, Octyldodecanol, Propylene, Glycol Dipelagonate, Butylene Glycol, Polybutene, Stearic Acid, Cetyle Alcohol, Diisostearyl Malate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Polysorbate 40, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Glycerin, Myristyl Nicotinate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Trehalose, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Isopropl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Acetyl Hexamethyl Tetralin, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Kernel Extract, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium PCA, Urea, Polquaternium-51, 1,5,5,9-Tetramethyl-13-Oxatricyclotridecane, Maltol, Phenoxyethanol, Methlyparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (C177891) 

Physical Cleansing Scrub: Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Polyethylene, Clyceryl Stearate, PEG-2 Cocamide, Jojoba Esters, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Coconut Acid, Triethanolamine, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Polyquaternium-39, Myristyl Nicotinate, helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernal Extract, Glycerin, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Pentadecalactone, Methyldihyrdojasmonate, Dodecahydro 3a, 6, 6, 9a-tetramethylnaphtho(2,1-b)furan, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Kernel Extract, Maltol, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin Strengthening Complex: Water, Myristyl Nicotinate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cyclomethicone, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Ranunculus Ficaria Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Kernel Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Phospholipids, Ceramide 3, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Tribehenin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 60, Laureth-7, Maltol, 1,5,5,9-Tetramethyl-13-Oxatricyclotridecane, PEG-8, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Polyacrylamide, Oxacyclohexadecen-2-one, BHT, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. 

I did get free samples of their Intensive Recovery Complex (at Space NK), but it pilled off my face, so I got the Skin Strengthening Complex instead. I did use the Rapid Exfoliating Serum too, but I don't think it did that much for me personally.

So I used the cleanser and moisturizer 2x a day, with the physical scrub 1-2x a week. I also used sunscreen because that's the KEY to this skincare regimen. What's the point of using this stuff if you're not going to protect your new skin cells? Yea, that's basically one of the things you have to be aware of. This system won't work unless you wear sunscreen.

Can I just mention, even though I don't know what most of those ingredients say, but this stuff seriously has made my face so much better ! The skin rashes are gone, my face doesn't break out unless it's the one-three SMALL occasional hormonal pimples (you know, that time of the month). The breakout in pimple/acne reduction has seriously gone down, which is the biggest improvement.

My face isn't as red or as irritated anymore. Granted this stuff is geared towards sun damage, but my skin just looks a LOT happier. Some smoothness improvement, some reduction in redness, and I used to get very nasty breakouts on my chin and neck and I haven't gotten any since using this line. Some of the acne scarring is still lingering, but I know that will take a long time to go away.

I don't expect miracles when it comes to skincare, but this stuff honestly does what it says and a bit more. I'm overall impressed with the line and the results. The one disclaimer I will state is with the Skin Strengthening Complex, your face will feel warm and be flushed (3 degrees warmer kind of feeling) when you use it and the flushing goes down within 5-10 minutes. To be fair, they're known side effects because it's the Pro-Niacin doing its job. :) NIA24 has truly blown me away.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! I'm 20 almost 21 and work my but off to keep my acne at a minimum. Does it help with blackheads that you know of too? Also do you know where I could try this in Canada (or the US)? Also if you don't mind me asking, how much was it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have blackheads, so I can't comment on that. Ive only found this at Space NK, but NIA 24 has a website.

    www.nia24.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to learn more about this line for quite some time now. I'm really glad you reviewed it for us! Now I'm probably going to bite the bullet and give it a shot.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete